More than 2500 people work within the Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy, and Communications (DETEC) towards sustainable development and the provision of the «Service public». The population should be able to depend on a solid basic provision of vital public services. Located at the heart of Europe, our country relies on modern transport routes, communications and electricity networks. These infrastructures are important for internal cohesion, exchange with other countries and economic flourishing. DETEC also ensures that the needs of the environment, human health and safety are respected.
Our core value is sustainability. A policy is in harmony with this requirement if it meets the needs of the present without compromising the opportunities of future generations. DETEC takes care that natural resources are protected, that public services are provided efficiently, and that the needs of the population are taken into account.
Locating the demands of exploitation and of protection within the same department nevertheless often leads to conflict of interest. Decisions therefore require careful preparation. Against this backdrop, co-operation with partners within and outside the Federal government plays an important role. Together we draw up solutions that balance the interests of society, the environment and the economy.
- Loi fédérale sur l’organisation du gouvernement et de l’administration (LOGA - in French)
- Ordonnance sur l’organisation du gouvernement et de l’administration (OLOGA - in French)
- Ordonnance du 6 décembre 1999 sur l’organisation du Département fédéral de l’environnement, des transports, de l’énergie et de la communication (Org DETEC - in French)
- Annuaire fédéral (in French)
- The Swiss Confederation – a brief guide (Website of the Federal Chancellery FCh)
General secretariat DETEC
Federal Palace North
- +41 58 462 55 11
General Secretariat and Federal Offices